The Gig is Up! Or is it?
Navigating the Future of a Growing Gig Economy in Uncertain Times
STAR Chicago Members & Non-Members: Complimentary Attendance
The gig economy was booming before Covid-19 came onto the scene in 2020, but what is the future outlook of the gig worker trend and the impact on employers who seek to employ them in our new, more virtual workplace reality?
- What should employers consider when partnering with a Gig worker marketplace platform like Upwork and MBO Partners, which are used to procure and manage billing for independent contractor / Gig workers?
- How are these platforms different from a traditional contractor payroll solution offered by many staffing firms through their managed service (MSP) programs? And,
- What legal considerations exist for employers uncertain about the economic recovery who are considering bringing back furloughed, formerly full time employees, as part time gig workers?
If these questions are on your mind, then be sure to join us on July 23rd for an interactive webinar panel discussion on this hot topic. Our expert panel will represent the following perspectives:
● A “career Gig worker/contractor” who has secured employment almost exclusively through gig marketplace platforms
● An employer who has moved from sourcing gig/contract workers themselves to partnering with a gig worker marketplace provider
● A lawyer who has helped employers and/or gig workers navigate legal and compliance questions related to the gig economy.
Moderator: Carl Kutsmode, SVP/ Talent Consulting Practice Leader – TalentRISE
Carl is currently the SVP of Talent Consulting at TalentRISE, an Inc 5000 honored talent management consulting and retained executive search firm founded in 2008. Based in Chicago with a national list of clients ranging from startup to global organizations, TalentRISE provides custom talent consulting and executive search solutions to help employers elevate business performance, through talent. TalentRise is part of the Aleron Inc., a global workforce solutions company. Prior to joining TalentRISE, Carl had previously founded Tiburon Group in 1996, which was sold to a private equity backed HR consultancy, Capital H Group in 2004 where he led the firms high volume outsourced recruiting (RPO) and talent consulting practices. Carl is a graduate of Loyola University with a B.S. degree in Organizational Psychology. He is a passionate writer, speaker and expert panel facilitator at industry events, trade shows and corporate meetings. Carl’s thought leadership focuses on topics relevant to improving business performance through talent, HR technology leading trends, and improving candidate experience through innovation and sharing best practices. In his off hours, Carl’s passion for helping employers and talent perform effectively extends to his volunteer, committee and advisory board work with ATAP Global, HRMAC, Chicago SHRM, STAR Chicago, Upwardly Global and APL NextEd.